Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ditching the Bottle

My son just turned 2 years old. He still drinks milk from a bottle before bed. Now, I don't think this is a bad thing, but I'm curious about what others think.

Let me explain why I don't think this is bad. First, he's not going to be 10 years old and still drink from a bottle. So I think it just doesn't matter right now. There are some battles you fight, and there are some battles that aren't even worth thinking about.

Second, it's part of our bedtime routine that we all love: potty (optional), bath, diaper, pj's, milk in the rocking chair, 2 stories, good nights, and 2 songs. Many times that bottle is the only time of snuggly peace that either myself or my DH gets with him.

So is it selfish? Maybe. Do I care right now? Not particularly. Tell me I'm not alone.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Whit is still using a bottle - 3 times a day actually. Our Ped. said it was ok for now - that we needed to make sure she was off the bottle by 3 or so. It works for us right now for her to get her milk that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am clearly a better parent than both of you. No bottles here. :)

    Then again, the kid still has to have someone hold his sippy cup, since he can't seem to remember that you have to tip it up to get anything out of it. So he does it himself and screams in frustration or we hold it for him. Who's winning now?

    ReplyDelete