Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Boiling

Hi Blogosphere, it's been a while. What can I say but that little ones keep you busy. My daughter will be 8 months in a week, my son just turned 3.

I wanted to post about something that's been on my mind for a while, in the hopes that other moms out there can relate. I don't know how exactly to explain, so bear with me for a moment or two.

I feel angry. All. The. Time. I feel like in the pit of my stomach there's a cauldron boiling away and it only takes the slightest stoking of the fire to make it boil over. Everything from running late to dishes to potty time can be an issue. And the person who bears the brunt of it -- my poor husband.

In talking about it with friends they seemed to think that this was reasonable given the fact that I'm over-tired, working a full time job, and trying to make time for two little ones (and running the household to go with it). The problem is that sometimes the anger just seems so unreasonable. And I don't like it. It makes me angry at myself that I get so angry at sometimes almost nothing. Even when there is a reason to be angry (maybe), I feel like it's way out of proportion.

In cruising the rest of the interwebs, it seems as though this is a (somewhat) common experience. So, anyone out there have any suggestions? I know that time, mostly time will help. I will sleep more and be less hormonal as I wind down breast-feeding... but in the mean time I don't want things to be quite so brutal. Commiseration encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment