Monday, October 17, 2011

Neuroscience

Because I'm a scientist in a world of science academics at a major university in a sub-field where there aren't that many women, and even fewer with kids, I've chosen to remain anonymous for now. That was actually a difficult decision, because I think one of the most challenging things about being a woman with this career is the fact that there are so few role models. It is difficult enough to be taken seriously as a woman, never mind as a mom and blogger.

So I start from here. I have my Ph.D in neuroscience. While completing my thesis, I had my first child with my DH (dear husband, for those who don't regularly read blogs) who is also a scientist in academia. I'm now a postdoc, and am pregnant with our second child. I'm amazed and probably a still a bit in disbelief that we are about to start this adventure for a second time. I look forward to sharing it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment