Monday, October 17, 2011

Somebody please tell 'em who the eff I is

G’day. This is Amy. My son Owen is, as of this posting, not quite a year old. He is our Hail-Mary baby, born after three years, six cycles of IVF and what would have been a down payment on a very nice house. Did it suck? Yes. Was it totally worth it? OMG, yes. That little boy just gets more awesome every day.

The Husb and I both work full time. He is a scientist, currently wrapping up The Longest Post Doc Ever, and I work in healthcare advertising.  I used to work at an agency in New York, all MadMen-style (only without the scotch, and fewer office sex scandals).  The hours and commute of that job quickly proved to be far too ridiculous to keep up (also, it sucked), and I’ve taken a more reasonable position closer to home. It's slightly less absurd, but working 45-50 hours a week, and commuting for another ten or so is no picnic.

Herein, I will tell you how much I love and hate everything about working and parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment